Friday, July 15, 2011

Exes are people too!

Today we have a newcomer to the board - my boyfriend's ex!

She calls him up this morning, and the poor man is trying to fry eggs, sausage, butter some toast and hold a phone. He tells her this, as he's having a hard time making breakfast while talking to her. She replies, "Oh, you can multitask, you're fine." Then she hears that I'm standing right next to him, and all of a sudden tells him she'll call him back later.

I think women are really conditioned from an early age to be in competition with each other for men, and I think that is ridiculous. I've learned that no matter who you are, how pretty you are, how smart you are or aren't, there is someone out there who likes you for you. No man ever says in his wedding vows that "I picked you because you were prettier than Jane and smarter than Marcy."

If I call an ex of mine, and I hear that he has a girl there, good for him. (Better her than me!) I'll say hello and find out how her day is going. She's a person too! If you don't, you end up sounding like my boyfriend's ex, kinda sad and shady.

1 comment:

  1. My husband was married twice before, and my opinion is that he learned a lot from his exes and he's a better person for it. I'm not intimidated or embarrassed by these women; I have to thank them for making me look superior from the start.

    ReplyDelete